Scotia Energy Systems
Scotia offers three different core configurations of our modular systems that can be tailored to your specific needs. Your project can be completely independent or integrated into an existing grid or micro-grid.
Read more: Solar light topic and solar light reviews
This stand-alone solution is aimed at providing energy for lighting or for other purposes where no connection to grid infrastructure exists or is desired. Self-contained, self-monitoring, and remotely controlled, it offers complete independence from centralized energy supply, cost variations, and security issues.
- Ideal for where there is no existing power grid
- Provides energy independence
- No trenching, no metering, no connection fees
- Zero-emission street lighting
This grid-connected system is suited to projects within an existing grid infrastructure that is adapted to micro-generation feed-in. Monopole™ Grid is the solution for the transformation of high-cost high-emission legacy street lighting to zero carbon and zero cost. Furthermore, energy exported to the grid can exceed energy imported for lighting and can generate profits and carbon credits. Your lighting project can become a micropower station.
- Ideal for the conversion of consumption to production, creating carbon credits
- Generates surplus energy for profit
- Zero emissions. Zero carbon tax
- The building block for microgrids
Monopole Connect Hybrid
This combined solution is designed for smart energy management at higher latitudes, inconsistent seasonal yields, or unreliable grids. In times of high solar yield, the PV and battery provide all the requirements of the lamp head. Surplus energy can power other applications and buffer the grid during demand peaks. When solar yields are lower, energy is drawn from the grid to feed the battery. Energy feed in and out is smartly controlled for a zero-cost seasonal balance and can even generate profit – sell for a dollar, buy for 70 cents.
- Ideal for Smart Energy Management
- The on-board battery acts as a buffer to grid
- Asset owner decides when to store or buy energy
- Sell at 1 dollar – Buy at 70 cents